Tuesday, June 1, 2010

3 weeks to closing!

Well... as of Saturday, my lawn and landscaping were done, I have water to go along with the electricity, and the shower stall is done in the master bathroom :) We are getting down to the wire and I just can't wait for it to all be done! After checking out the progress on the casa, we ran in to our soon to be neighbors, the Goodmans. They are a really nice couple - the wife is almost exactly the same age as me and the husband is an Aggie, also close to my age and not too far off from ol' R. Their house will be done on Friday, so they are about two weeks ahead of us.
In other exciting news, we took advantage of the Memorial Day sales and purchased a refrigerator! It was 15% off plus we didn't have to pay sales tax, which saved us almost $500. Yay! Still a huge chunk of change. We are also big spenders because we went and picked out our wedding bands on Saturday... they won't be in for a while, but man oh man, am I shelling out money every time I turn around!

My lovely undermount kitchen sink now has running water!
View of the backyard WITH a lawn from the living room.
Yay! Shower stall!
All that's left on the outside is to paint the garage doors and little box on the 2nd eave to match the paint trim on the rest of the house. Oh, and to put in the real front door! Don't worry, I will keep you posted on the progress!

Love, B

1 comment:

  1. It's looking great!! Can't wait to see it once it's finished!

    ReplyDelete