Tuesday, June 22, 2010

0 weeks to closing! I'm a homeowner!

Thank goodness! And you will also be glad to know I have cooled off a bit since my last post, and realized that my world is not actually going to end. The photographer sent me a link to my pics Monday afternoon, and I was pleased with her work overall. Unfortunately I turned out looking like myself and not a supermodel... haha... so it wasn't everything I hoped :) I have to pick 20 for my little book and 10 additional ones that may make it in, plus one to get a big print of. The link is www.mkphotoblog.com/BethandRichard - if you feel like flipping through it, I'd love your input on which ones to choose.

I didn't really expect to be nervous about the closing, but I definitely was. Looking back, there was evidence of that in how anxious I was over not getting calls back and whenever they asked for something else. I really knew it when I almost cried getting a cashier's check at the bank this morning! It didn't help that the mortgage people called at 4pm yesterday saying they needed documentation on 2 deposits made in March - both legitimate checks from work, but I had no stub because... it was in March and the money had gone through to my account! Apparently, they want to know where every bit of your money is coming from when you are getting a loan! I had no idea how I was going to get documentation, but 2 different people in our business office saved the day! The closing was much less painful than expected - probably because I wasn't dealing with the mortgage company, just the title company.

As I sit on my couch in my apartment, like I have done every night for the past several years, it still does not feel real that I own a house! I'm guessing it will start to kick in when I actually move in on Saturday. I feel incredibly blessed. Richard and I drove from the title company to the new house and stayed long enough to get the keys and walk through the house again. We then drove back to Houston in the midst of the horrible rain that ultimately flooded the road my apartment and office are on and lightning struck a light pole at the Kroger between I-10 and the apartment. Took an hour to go 3 miles. What an end to the day!

On a side note: Bachelor, anyone? It's the show I love to hate and just can't stand to miss. I blame this blog - www.ihategreenbeans.com The author writes HILARIOUS recaps every week. I manage to watch the show despite being gone Monday nights and not having DVR... thank you abc.com! The book I need to finish and boxes I need to pack and apartment I need to clean do not thank you, however... sigh.

Still to come: The peanut butter debaucle (is that a word?) - really, one of these days...

Hope your week is going well! Thanks for being excited with me about my house and listening to me blab about it and willingly looking at the pictures on my camera I have shoved in your face :)
Love, B

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats on the house! The pictures are great, and I think you DO look like a super model :) My favorites are 6, 18, 28, 38, 40, 41, and 51. I think 51 is my most favorite. They are all awesome though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see the pictures! When I pulled up your link, all that was there was a grey screen. Boo! Can you put them on facebook?

    So happy for you about the house!

    ReplyDelete