Tuesday, June 15, 2010

1 Week to Go!

On Friday, I am going to do the walk through on my house and one week from today, I will be a proud homeowner! It seems like it happened fast and took forever all at once :) Oh, I should say that I will be a homeowner provided my mortgage company gets their act together. Few things upset me more than when someone says they are going to do something and don't do it. I would switch mortgage companies but I get a significant discount in my closing costs for using the company associated with Perry. Ugh. But I like to save money.
Paint is complete! The "model home coming soon" sign has been in my garage, then front yard and now driveway for some reason. (The new model home is across the street and a couple doors down.)
I don't think I've posted a pic of the finished back porch yet... can't wait to get some patio furniture!
There are pluses and minuses to the "open concept" living/kitchen area... the plus being that I can do dishes and watch t.v.!
The finalized kitchen - appliances are in. My fridge comes the Saturday after closing and will match!

Hope you're having a great week so far!
Love, B




3 comments:

  1. Love it! And I love the new background on the blog :) And also, I am way jealous of your back porch. We don't have a covered porch and the poor pups have very little shade :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Did y'all think about having a fan installed on the back porch? Probably cheaper for y'all to do yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, you can bring the pups over to sit on the porch :) Pamela - um, yes, definitely have though about it, especially considering how hot it is! I had to stop myself at the design center from adding lots of little things, but that will hopefully be a D-I-Y project for one of the men in my life! Sure would have been simpler to just have had Perry do it though...

    ReplyDelete