Thursday, September 30, 2010

Will Bridezilla rear her ugly head?

So, seeing as how today is the last day of September and the last time I posted was the first day of August... I've been a wee bit negligent on the blog. So much has been going on, but it hasn't really seemed blog-worthy and I've been un-inspired on the nutrition front. I haven't been cooking much, but I did cook 2 yummy, healthy, easy Rachael Ray dishes in the last week... Bel Aria Chicken and Pasta and this yummy balsamic chicken with spinach and cannellini beans. As Rach would say, DELISH!

How many days to your wedding, you ask? 37, not that we're counting. Its a little surreal at times. We're both so excited about the quickly approaching date of the big day, being married, going on our honeymoon, etc... that I forget about what that really means. Like the fact that my name is going to change. Am I really going to introduce myself with a different name than the one I've used for the last 29 years? And develop a new signature? Not that the name change is the big thing about marriage, I guess its just one of the most obvious to me at the moment. Am I really going to share a home with someone, a home that will be "ours"... bills, paychecks, responsibilities?? I am really excited about seeing R on a daily basis... right now, I'm lucky to sneak in 5 minutes with him during the week as he's coming in to work and I'm leaving.

I'm positive I'm not the only bride to be who gets anxious as the wedding gets close, but man, I wish it wasn't that way! My friends before me seem to have handled it so well, I don't even remember them being anxious. Probably because I was oblivious :) I am trying not to "sweat the small stuff" but it is not easy! I know this isn't the first time in my life I've been anxious and it dawned on me that the Bible has a lot to say and a lot of comfort to give on this topic... I was reminded of one of my favorite passages yesterday:

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7

I think it's normal to be anxious. I'm praying, though, that instead of anxiety, my heart can experience and display that supernatural peace that just doesn't make sense to others because it transcends our human understanding. I especially want my gentleness to be evident to others instead of Bridezilla rearing her ugly head, mouth, and attitude. I covet your prayers too!

I would also like to say that the anxiety that comes with planning a wedding has been more than matched with an incredible outpouring of love from my family, friends, and church family. I am amazed over and over again at people's generosity and willingness to demonstrate their support and love.

In other exciting news, R and I are part of a church plant that is officially launching this Sunday at 10am! Living Stones Church will be meeting at Trent InternationalE School behind First Colony Mall. Learn more about this exciting new church committed to not existing for itself: www.lscsugarland.org My good friend, Amanda, has been using her administrative and other gifts to serve alongside her husband, Brian, who is the associate pastor. We are eager to see what God has in store for us there! Join us :)

No promises on future updates. It might take a while, or you might be sick of hearing from me. We'll see!!

Love, B

2 comments:

  1. YAY for an update! Know that we are praying for you and Ricardo both as the big day approaches... you will be a beautiful bride and everything will come together seamlessly, I just know it :) And on that note, please do remember that if you need help with ANYTHING, I am your humble and willing servant!! That's what House Party is for, duh :)

    Oh, and hooray for LSC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those verses in the bible! I remember buying a plaque with those verses on it when I was trying to get pregnant for months. And I, too, realized around that time that there are LOTS of verses dedicated to anxiety in the bible. Because fear and anxiety can be so paralyzing and can take away our focus so easily. Looks like you've got ahold of that, though! Praying for you!

    You are going to be a beautiful bride, and the day that you two become one is going to be beautiful! I am beyond excited for you!

    ReplyDelete